Beacon’s Furry FUNdation (BFF) Vision
Our vision is for healthy and vibrant communities throughout the Thompson, Shuswap, Okanagan, Boundary Country and Similkameen regions, where everyone is valued, contributes and feels they belong in promoting our region. We are leaders in community and tourism based philanthropy, with a focus on family and youth, and together with our donors and fundraising events and programs, we invest in the people, ideas and activities that strengthen and enhance our communities.
Beacon’s Furry FUNdation (BFF) Mission
Beacon’s Furry FUNdation (BFF) mission is to build a strong tourism economy in the Kizzmit Tourism region consistent with the values of residents and small businesses. Beacon’s Furry FUNdation will:
• Promote the Thompson Okanagan region to leisure and family travellers as a year-
round destination through mobile, online and co-op marketing initiatives;
• Assist in the promotion of the region through youth ambassador programs located
within the Thompson Okanagan region;
• Increase awareness of the value, contribution, and importance of tourism among
the population, and businesses in the Thompson Okanagan region with a focus on
• Support youth and families through the Beacon Gives Back Community Fund and
Beacon's Buddies Maple Syrup Stand Children's Fund;
• FUNdraiser for the society through various community based initiatives
throughout the Thompson Okanagan region incorporating the society mascot
Beacon the Beaver.